Are you self-conscious about one or more missing teeth? Are you tired of wearing uncomfortable dentures? Do you feel uncomfortable about removing healthy tooth structure to have a dental bridge placed? If you answered, “yes,” to any of these questions, dental implants in Frederick, Maryland, may be a good choice for your smile. Dental implants are made up of titanium posts (which act as replacement tooth roots) and restorations (which acts as replacement teeth).
Dr. Kevin Oakes may recommend dental implants to do one or more of the following:
– Improve your appearance and self-esteem. Dental implants are designed to look and feel like your natural teeth. They become permanent because they are made to fuse with your jawbone. Because implants look like your own teeth, they can restore your self-esteem.
– Improve your speech. Poor-fitting dentures can slide in your mouth, which can cause you to mumble or slur when you speak. Dental implants provide confidence when you speak, as they will not slip.
– Improve your comfort. Implants are a part of you, so they take away the discomfort of removable dentures.
– Improve your oral health. Dental implants do not require tooth reduction Because of this, more of your teeth are left intact, which improves long-term oral health.
– Provide durability. Dental implants are very strong and will last for many years. If they are well maintained, they may even last a lifetime.
– Allow you to eat properly. Eating with ill-fitting dentures can be difficult, as they can slide in your mouth. However, dental implants are made to function like your natural teeth, so you can eat with confidence.
– Provide convenience. Dental implants to not need to be removed at night and they do not need messy adhesives to hold them in place. Implants are a part of your smile.
We invite you to contact Dental Arts of Frederick today to learn more about how dental implants can restore your smile and to schedule an appointment with our dentist.